Atlanta has a wonderful multisports community, as many major cities do. But I have met some of the most amazing people here in the ATL— including Mike “McBlessings” Lenhart.
It was a fabulous evening of celebrating the multisport athlete—really can’t say how much fun and how special Saturday night was for the multisport community. And I had a super special time.
I was way honored to be nominated for “Best Comeback Athlete of 2013”, and more honored to share the category with Janelle Tuck.
In summary, I am way less inspirational and comeback-y than Janelle, who is amazeballs–and while I received the “Glimmy,” I can’t express how much Janelle has inspired me over these past few years–she’s incredible.
You can read a little more about Janelle’s story here.
I’d like to thank you all for supporting me in the voting–I know the Army did–and I hope that I can make you guys proud by doing my best to continue to spread the love of triathlon to the ‘every’ person.
I also got to hang with my pals Brent & Kyle Pease (please ignore that Brent and I could clearly be funny-faced siblings).
A “Person of Courage” award went to the amazing swim coach Pete Farren, a wonderful keynote speech by Joseph Kapacziewski, and a room full of people who share the love for triathlon.
What a fantastic night. What could be better than a room full of triathletes!
——And the winners are… Congrats to the 2014 Gear and Glimmer multisport awards winners who were announced at last night’s celebration.
- Best Multisport Athlete, Male: Ken Brown
- Best Multisport Athlete, Female: Bethany Rutledge
- Best Endurance Runner, Male: Jason Overbaugh
- Best Endurance Runner, Female: Tatyana Spencer
- Best Athlete with a Disability, Male: Kyle Pease
- Best Athlete with a Disability, Female: Kelly Casebere
- Best Come-back Athlete, Male: Howie Sanborn
- Best Come-back Athlete, Female: Meredith Atwood (<—that’s me! 🙂 )
- Best Multisport Retailer: All3Sports
- Best Race Management Company: Tri Blue Sky
- Best Multisport Healthcare Service Provider: 1st Choice Healthcare
- Best Multisport Club / Organization: Atlanta Tri Club