In December of 2015, I decided that I would never drink again.
The story of alcohol struggles is one that is not told often, and if it is told, I am not sure it’s told very honestly (or well).
(left, 2011; right 2017)
Check out this Episode with much of my story on Annie Grace’s “This Naked Mind” podcast
Through my work, I am seeking to break down the shame, the barriers, and the negative associations with taking a stand, grabbing our power, and deciding to be sober people.
In April 2017, I created the online support community called “Grateful Sobriety.”
Who is welcome? YOU are if you:
- want to stop drinking;
- think you need to stop drinking;
- have years of sobriety under your belt and love the support;
- are stubborn and scared about your drinking;
- know someone who you want to support in their quitting drinking; or
- just want to give back to your community with your gifts of counseling expertise or sobriety.
Go HERE TO READ MORE and JOIN our FREE group now. (*Please note that if you are not added to the FB group in a day or two, please contact me. Sometimes the group joins are blocked or go to spam. We will get you added – don’t give up! :))
Writings about MY Sobriety Journey:
- A Sobering Thought
- Not Giving a Sh*t is a Way to Have a Terrible Life
- A Homework Assignment
- Romanticizing a Monster
- Moderation (Schmoderation)
- Why We Can’t Fill Our Cracks
If I can be a help in any way on your journey, please Contact Me.