What a great day (and cold) to run a half marathon in Atlanta…
plus, I never want to miss an opportunity to race something that involves the amazing Jeff Galloway.
Put the JG 13.1 race on your list for the following reasons:
- run-walk super friendly
- great run-walk pace groups too
- hilly but lots of downhills too
- not-the-usual-Atlanta race course
- nice and kind people racing and volunteering
- a perfect-sized race – not too huge, but not too small either
- ample cutoff time (4:30!)
- amazing volunteers
- hot coffee at the finish
- disposable jackets at the finish to warm you up
- photo ops with Jeff
- ease of parking (Colony Square) and a short 1/2 mile walk back to the car
It’s a race weekend, meaning there is ALSO a 5k on Saturday – Barb’s 5k – with Jeff’s wife, Barbara. (Who I actually saw also running the 13.1 today, too.)
I was fueled by this thread on Facebook for favorite running songs – had a great playlist, day and run!
I did a 2:30/:30 run-walk interval and I stayed in Zone 2 for the whole run, with a pace of 11:30–which is a great improvement from my Zone 2 training half marathon of last year! Progress happens, yo… just at different paces for everyone.
I can say that this was THE most enjoyable running race I have had in a really long time. I felt amazing until about Mile 12–then I was just ready to be done. BUT, a great day.
Make sure you check out Jeff and his plans, and his races!
Until next year!