I kind of forgot that not must the Expert and I ship ourselves to Miami for the race in nine weeks… but we have to also get the bikes there. D’oh.
- Drive the car with the bikes from Atlanta to Miami (not preferred, since we already have our airline tickets);
- Ride the bikes to Miami (also not preferred, as I do not own a chamois thick enough for that kind of pain);
- Employ a bike transport service (doesn’t seem feasible because the cost is going to be the same as shipping via the airline, as far as I can tell);
- Leave bike at home (not good – it’s a triathlon people); or
- Buy/Rent a bike carrier and bring Antonia and the Expert’s bike along via Delta.
I am thinking that the last option is “it.” But I don’t know. I started researching bike carriers, and now I am more confused than ever. Do any of you guys have strong opinions about first my choice, and second, the type of carrier?
These are the two cases I am considering:
Thoughts? There is no way I will be able to dissemble and reassemble Antonia to fit into any case without the Expert.
So bear in mind that not only will the Expert be responsible for packing his own bike, but he will be dealing with mine too. The ease of this situation is paramount…. lest we roll into Miami with the Expert cursing me before the race even starts (as he has already done today at the mere mention of bike cases and dissembling the bikes… he sees the writing on the wall).