― Elizabeth Gilbert, “Eat, Pray, Love”
2) I will be going into Augusta with less than ideal training conditions. A broken right foot in February. A sprained left foot just a mere week ago. What a freaking mess. I have been able to run 7 miles (before the sprain), but that’s it. Now? No more than a mile. What a super freaking training mess. So it’s the reverse of Miami.
3) My swim and bike are up there in mileage. That’s why I am going forward. It will be an act of God to get me to the run finish by the race cutoff time of 8 hours, with this current foot situation. But the best I figure, is that I can run 7 or 8 miles and just hoof it and walk the rest, and I should make it.
4) This race and remaining training will be a test of mental strength. I have grown alot this year, mentally… and I want to test out the pain cave. Really…
5) I want to conquer a hilly bike course in a race, especially 56 miles of one! The 61 miler last week was a big boost, and I feel okay now.
6) Many, many of my friends are racing Augusta. I want to be a part of the action. The Expert, Yoda, Coach Monster, Elizabeth, Kimberly, Nestor (our Mexican restaurant waiter (yes, really)), and SO many others (please comment if you are racing so I can keep up with you guys!!)…. Anyway, I want to be a part.
7) My parents and grandparents are coming to the race! I haven’t had those four precious pairs of hands clapping for me since my Olympic weightlifing days. I can’t wait for them to be a part of the excitement, and to see how crazy I look when I run/walk/crawl by them. It will be such a boost to see family on the course.
8) I am determined to have a solid 77 day streak of good eating and healthy habits. Leading up to Miami, the training was going so well, I ate junk. Now… well, the training isn’t so hot, so I want to concentrate on diet and see how much of a difference that makes. Anti-inflammatory foods, lots of vege, possibly dairy and gluten free. I had a goal weight for Augusta. I am up about 5 pounds. Oh well. Fix it, move forward, non-dwelling.
“ First off, I embarrass you. I can’t ski, I can’t ride,
I can’t speak Latin , my legs only come up to here
and yes I will always be just a little bit fat.”
- Bridget Jones, The Edge of Reason
9) For once, I feel that my work life is amazing. I love my new job. I LOVE it. Love. Interestingly, where I thought I was taking a career down-step, I was wrong. It was a risk, and it was a good one. I am thankful. I have a schedule that leaves no room for forgetting workouts, for excuses. I work just three offices down from the fridge and the microwave for my healthy foods.
10) So those are my reasons for going forward. I will pray for good days, I will embrace and grit my teeth for the bad ones, but most of all, I will be grateful. Grateful for what I can do. Focus on what I am able to do and….
Well… you know.
Just Keep Moving Forward. (ALWAYS!)